Hello everyone, my name is Carlos Vázquez. I am currently the Communities in Schools (CIS) Site Coordinator for Allison L. Steele Enhanced Learning Center (ELC) and the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP).
Our Core Beliefs
Communities in Schools works to ensure that all our students are surrounded by a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve to the best of their potential.
We believe that every child needs and deserves the following five basic needs, which are:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and future
- A marketable skill upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and their community
CIS provides core services, which are implemented by campus-based Site Coordinators, to more than 3,000 case-managed students.
- Dropout Prevention
- Tutoring and Testing Preparation
- Career Awareness & College Preparation
- Counseling & Emotional Support
- Health and Social Service Referrals
- Parent & Family Involvement
If you would like to contact me directly, please email me at email@example.com