Daily Assignments, and Quizzes – 50%
Tests and Projects – 50%
- Grades are based on class assignments, projects, tests and quizzes.
- Students have the opportunity to retake a test if they earn a 69% or below. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with the teacher about retesting within 3 days of the test.
- Occasionally there are opportunities for students to complete extra credit work, through additional reading assignments, projects, and school play attendance. All students are capable of achieving a 70% or better in Language Arts.
- Students are expected to turn in completed work on time. Assignments are posted on the planning board in the classroom. This agenda is updated weekly throughout the year.
- Late work is better than no work at all. Late work will be accepted; however a loss of 10 points will be given as a penalty after the first day, and each day after, not to exceed 30 points. After 5 days the assignment will no longer be accepted. No corrections will be allowed on late assignments.
- Students who are absent are eligible to make-up missed work. Missed work can be located in the missing assignments basket located in the classroom. Once student returns to school, it is the student’s responsibility to locate missed assignments and turn in completed work by the following day. Students who are absent more than one day can make arrangements with Mrs. Moore to complete missed work during lunch or after school to assure student does not get behind in class.