Corbett Jr. High
English Languages Arts Classroom Expectations
I will be RESPECTFUL
• I will show regard and consideration to my peers and the adults of this school.
• I will address my peers and the adults of this school with appropriate language and tone.
• I will practice and adhere to the character pillars of this school.
I will be RESPONSIBLE
• I will bring my notebook and a pen to class every day. It's that simple.
• If I am absent, it is my responsibility to arrange to make up missing work.
• I know tutorials are available before and after school.
• I will complete and turn in assignments on time.
I will be READY
• I will have my Reader, Writer, and Vocabulary binder at my desk before the chime of the tardy bell.
• I will read the posted Agenda before the tardy bell chimes.
• I will write down the Student Expectations, Lesson and Homework Assignment at the beginning of class every day.
• I will learn and follow this daily routine.
Plagiarism and/or Cheating:
Plagiarism is using someone else’s ideas or words as your own without giving proper credit. This is considered to be the highest form of academic dishonesty.
If I am found plagiarizing I will earn a ZERO on the assignment and I may face disciplinary action per Corbett's Student/Parent Handbook.
Best advice...when in doubt, cite your work!