SCUCISD’s Athletic Department mission is to engage our coaching staff every day through constant communication, motivation, and encouragement to create a positive and meaningful experience for our student-athletes and coaches. Our vision is to create a department that provides our student-athletes with the resources and opportunities needed to become successful at the highest level possible.
- It is important to see athletics as a part of the total educational process. It should complement and contribute to the overall education of each student.
- A sound, wholesome sports program will contribute to and involve students as participants, support groups, or as spectators. It will also serve the community by providing entertainment and establishing a common ground of interest. This common interest will draw our communities together in support of our various sports programs and the students that compete for these programs.
- The combination of sports and academics can be a tremendous experience in a young person’s life. A broad and sound sports program for all students can provide invaluable experiences for the participants.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Developing the total student: academically, socially, and physically
- Encouraging each student to compete both on the field and in the classroom
- Developing an awareness in each student of the importance that a positive mental attitude plays toward success in every aspect of life
- Teaching personal acceptance of responsibility to student athletes
- Teaching all students the importance of each and every team member as well as embracing cultural diversity
- Developing an appreciation for the team concept (trust, loyalty, selflessness)
- Instilling values of honesty, integrity, character, and confidence
- Teaching the importance of establishing priorities, setting goals, and overcoming adversity
- Teaching an appreciation for sportsmanship
- Reaching the maximum athletic potential of each individual and each team
- Pursuing a competitive level in each sport