Credit by Exam
Credit by Exam
UT CBE FOR ACCELERATIONFor current SCUC ISD students, Credit by Exam is offered four times per school year. The dates for testing at SCHS for the 2023-2024 school year are:REGISTRATION WINDOW CBE TEST DATESJULY 24-JULY 28TH AUGUST 14TH-18THSEPTEMBER 25TH -29TH OCTOBER 23TH-27THJANUARY 15TH-19TH FEBRUARY 12TH-16THAPRIL 8TH-12TH MAY 13TH-17TH*TESTING DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF THE TEST PROCTOR.*SPECIFIC TESTING DATES WILL BE DETERMINEDStudents may take up to two (2) exams at each test session. Qualifications for taking one of the two types of exams are explained below.Credit by Exam for Acceleration
- Clemens works with The University of Texas at Austin K – 16 Curriculum for all Credit by Exam for Acceleration
- Students may take an exam to earn credit for any course offered, as long as they have not received instruction in that course. (It cannot be a course for which they are currently enrolled.) List of courses available are on the UT High School website
- A score of 80 or better is required to receive credit
- The same Credit for Acceleration may be attempted only two times
- There is no cost to the student/parent for this type of exam for the first CBE
Credit by Exam with Prior Instruction
Note: The letters A & B represent Fall Semester "A" and Spring Semester "B" when requesting semester exams for courses.Study guides are available in the links below.Please keep in mind...
- Students may be eligible for credit by examination if they have failed a one semester course OR both semesters for a full year course
- To receive credit for the course, students must score an exam grade of 70 or higher
- Students must visit with their counselor for specifics & details
- Grades received through credit by examination/exam for acceleration will not be used in calculating grade point average and class rank
- Transportation is the responsibility of the student
- Testing will be done outside of the student's regular school day and transportation to & from testing is the responsibility of the student and/or parent or guardian
- No study guides or materials will be provided for students attempting a credit by exam. It is the student's responsibility to fully prepare for the exam (s) by accessing the study guide(s) provided by The University of Texas K-16 Education center at https://highschool.utexas.edu/cbe_study_guides
- Some CBE's require the completion of additional work to be submitted along with the CBE to receive credit. The student is responsible for reviewing the specific CBE study guide (s) for additional requirements and completing these requirements prior to testing date(s).
- Modifications that would make the test invalid are prohibited.
- Students will be notified of the location, time, and date of their exams the week of.
- Student must notify their counselor if they are unable to attend.
- Tests given will be assigned a test date.
- It is understood that the passing rate for credit by exam in the past couple of years has been low; therefore, it is very important that students prepare for the exam with the study guides.