Students for a Peaceful Society
A Student Service Organization
The mission of Students for a Peaceful Society is to create an environment
in our school, homes, community, and world
in which peace and non-violence become a way of life.
The aim and purpose of this organization will be,
to seek peaceful solutions to problems,
to work toward peace by reaching beyond ourselves with compassion for others,
to learn the philosophies and techniques of non-violent leaders,
and to work in cooperation with other peace action groups.
“ We must be the change we wish to see in the world.”
-Mohandas K. Gandhi
Everyone who is interested in peace-building is welcomed to visit our meetings.
The only requirement is that we each respect everyone.
In the past we have worked on various school and community service projects, including:
* Campus-wide programs such as Season for Nonviolence, No Place for Hate and Bring Down the Walls.
* Preparing and sending Christmas Care packages to medics in an Baghdad hospital
* Donating to Soldier’s Angels through another campus group
* Sponsoring Christmas for children at a local shelter
* Hosting Valentine’s parties for a neighborhood adult care center
* Participating in Graffiti Wipe-Out Day in San Antonio
* Collecting Donations for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
* Hosting the Take Care of Texas Environmental Fair 2008 at Clemens High School
We have also held or joined in special events, some of which have included:
* Christmas candlelight Vigil for Peace
* Memorial Day Candlelight Vigil, commemorating lives dedicated to service to fellow humans
* Virginia Tech Memorial Vigil
* Martin Luther King Day Marches in Seguin and San Antonio
* San Antonio Peace Center’s Blessing of the Peacemakers
* San Antonio Peace Center’s Satyagraha; the 100th anniversary of Gandhi’s non-violence initiative
* Green Living Fair in Fredericksburg, Texas
* Earth Day Festival in San Antonio
* Cibolo’s Fall Festival-- working with the Schertz-Cibolo Optimist Club
As a service organization we do very meaningful work,
but we also make time to have fun together.
Come check us out!
Contact Mr. Matt Ramirez for more information.