Coach Voos- World History Classroom Rules and Grading Policies
1. Respect your teacher and your classmates- Character counts! - No profanity, insulting remarks or harassment of any kind is allowed.
2. Tardies are assigned according to school policy.
3. Follow the teacher's directions the first time they are given.
4. Keep the classroom neat and clean.
5. Remain seated until the teacher dismisses you.
6. Do not speak while the teacher or another student is speaking
to the class. Raise your hand if you wish to to make a comment or ask a
question. Talk only when the teacher gives you permission.
7. Come to class prepared. A textbook will be provided for you (I have 30
classroom copies). You need paper, pen or pencil, and a notebook or
8. Late work will follow school policy!If you are absent it is your
responsibility to get the make-up work.
9. Hall passes will only be given in emergencies. Take care of personal
business before or after class.
10. Disruptive class behavior will be dealt with according to the Student-
11. No food or drink is allowed in the classroom. No grooming articles are to
be used during class.
12. Grading policies : Tests will count as 50 % of your grade each 9
weeks. Test grades will include written tests, projects and a notebook.
13. Daily work will also count as 50% of your 9 weeks grade. Daily work
will include daily assignments in class, homework, and quizzes. Refer to the
district grading guidelines link on my website.
14. This class consists of 2 semesters. Your grade will be determined at the
end of each semester by the following formula - each 9 weeks grade
40 % and the semester exam will be 20%.
15. Parents may reach Coach Voos at 945-6163 0r 6164. My e-mail is
16. Respect is the key to a good experience in this class. Respect your
classmates, teacher and yourself!
17. Refer to the link on my website home page for the pacing calendar and my homework