EARTH-SPACE SCIENCE POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Welcome to Earth-Space Science! This science course will provide an excellent introduction to geology, meteorology, oceanography and astronomy. I am excited to be your teacher this school year! I hope to expand your understanding of the Earth and the cosmos and your relationship to them. Our goals include academic achievement and scholastic excellence. Parental involvement ensures the student’s success. Please contact me for any questions or concerns. Thank you for your support. It is my pleasure to be your child’s teacher. The following information is provided to help you achieve success in my class. Mr. Parris
- 50% - Formative Grades : Daily/Labs/Quizzes/Homework/Reading Logs/Minor Writing Assignments/District Benchmark Tests
- 50% - Summative Grades: Tests/Projects/Research/Extended Labs/Unit Common Assessments/Major Writing Assignments
- Students are responsible for assignments missed during an absence. REGULAR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCREASES SUCCESS
- All guidelines are located in the District Grading Guidelines located here
- Tutoring sessions will be scheduled every week and will be before school Tuesday and afterschool Thursday
- Respect the teacher and classmates to provide the best learning environment for all. (Common courtesy)
- Respect for school property and lab equipment.
- Follow all lab safety procedures and guidelines. (See SCUCISD Lab Safety sheet)
- Be in the class prepared to learn when the tardy bell rings.
- Take care of all personal needs before arriving to class. (Restroom, water)
- Bring all necessary supplies to class and use class time wisely.
- Take ownership of your success in this class.
- The Student/Parent Handbook will be the basis for standard rules.
Pen and pencils
3-Ring binder; 2 inches
Colored map pencils