PLEASE VIEW MY CLASSROOM RULES. ONCE YOU HAVE READ THEM PLEASE SIGN THE GREEN FORM THAT WAS SENT HOME WITH YOU AND RETURN TO ME BY THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.
CLASSROOM RULES FOR
HEALTH SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
You have all chosen a most rewarding field of study to explore for future employment. Good study habits and an adherence to policy rules and regulations will make this a successful year for you with far reaching goals. Because this is a new field of study for many of you, it will require good study habits. What you learn today will help you in the tomorrows to come!
Practice of the following will be beneficial to you:
-Work independently as well as cooperatively with a group
-Concentrate on what you are doing
-Volunteer to help the teacher and other students
-Come prepared to class with pen, paper, and your binder
-Complete all assignments on time
-Ask questions when you don’t understand something
-Most importantly: remember the golden rule!
In addition to good study habits, exercising good manners and courtesy will increase the possibility of a good learning experience as your environment is improved.
-3 Ring binder - (1 ½ inch is preferable)
-Index cards: will be used for medical prefixes, suffixes, and terms
-Note Book Paper: for binder
-Dividers: You will need dividers in the following order: Notes,
Diagrams, Daily Work/HW, and Quizzes.
We will have vocabulary quizzes, daily worksheets, medical minutes, homework, tests, and group work. Students may make up a failing quiz or test grade to a 75%. Lat work is accepted 3 days after it is initially due and all late work will result in a maximum grade of a 50%. The medical minutes are daily presentations on medical current events. Each student will present 2 medical minute reports each semester. They must be given on the date assigned and if
the student has an excused absence on the date it is due, they must give it on their next class day they are present, otherwise it will be considered late.
-Daily work/ Homework = 45%
-Tests = 35%
-Quizzes = 15%
-Participation = 5%
PLEASE CHECK STUDENTS GRADES ON-LINE FREQUENTLY IN ORDER
TO BE SURE THAT THEY DO NOT FALL BEHIND.
CLASSROOM RESPONSIBILITIES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES
1. Demonstrate respect for instructor and other students.
2. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
3. ID’s must be worn at all times. No exceptions. D-Hall may be issued.
4. In order to be recognized, raise your hand and wait to be called on before
5. No visitation allowed by friends in the classroom unless invited by teacher.
6. Cosmetic and grooming aids may not be used in the classroom.
7. Loudness, horseplay, or arguing will be interpreted as your need for additional
work, and assignments will be made.
8. No food or gum will be allowed in the classroom (especially during Medical
9. There is to be absolutely no talking during the pledge and moment of silence.
Respect others at all times including me.
10. Come to class on time. The school and district policy will be enforced in this
class. I do count tardies!!!
11. If you know in advance that you will miss class, please inform me.
12. If you are absent from a class, you are responsible for the make-up work.
Students will get time for make-up work as per district policy. It is your
responsibility to get make-up work, not mine.
13. Cell phones, headsets, and/or electronic devices are allowed with permission only and only on Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) days.
On BYOD days electronic device usage is limited to those discussed in class.
If I see them used inappropriately or on days when permission is not granted for class-related assignments, I can take them. I will uphold all district and school policies regarding these violations.
14. Each student will be given 4 restroom passes per semester. After 4 passes
have been used you may no longer have privileges. However,
those who do not use them all up may turn all or some of them in at the end of
the 9 weeks for a ½ point added to their overall grade for a total possible 2
points to their final grade for the 9 weeks.
15. COURTESY RECEIVES THE HIGHEST AWARD IN THE CLASS.
DEMONSTRATE A POSITIVE, HELPFUL, SUPPORTIVE AND
ENCOURAGING ATTITUDE TO ONE ANOTHER.
If you need to contact me, please call the school @ (210) 945-6501 or e-mail me
at firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail is preferred!