You Can Make a Difference!
Student strategies to prevent bullying
• Choose to not participate in bullying behaviors.
• Report any incidence of bullying to a teacher, administrator, or counselor.
• Practice skills and strategies to take a stand.
• Encourage your friends and classmates to take a stand against any bullying they observe.
• Take an individual stand.
• Be friendly toward another student that is a target of bullying.
• Be a friend to new or needy students.
• If you hear bullying, change the conversation or help the student being bullied walk away from the situation.
Student strategies if you are being bullied
• Walk away with confidence, even though you may not be feeling it at the moment.
• Be calm.
• Tell the bully to stop.
• Use appropriate language.
• Do NOT argue or fight back. ?
• Have friends around and stay in safe places.
• Tell a responsible adult that you trust (parent, teacher, counselor, administrator).
• Keep telling until the bullying behavior stops.