Sculpture 1 code @e3e5c
I have a text based reminder system for you to use to stay informed. Text your class code to 81010 or go to http://www.remind.com/joinand enter the class code. You can then choose to get the messages via text or email.
Welcome to Art 2: Sculpture 1!
Catalog Description: This level 2 class focuses on 3 dimensional works. The elements and principles of design are applied to a variety of materials and sculpting techniques. Students will work with paper, clay, metals, found objects and mixed media. The elements and principles of design and project concepts are also emphasized and evaluated through student critiques. Students will investigate new materials and technical skills will be developed. Art History and Appreciation are included as they apply.
Prerequisite: Art 1
sketchbook or composition book (bound)
one package of hot glue sticks
one pair of pantyhose (not knee highs) – can be used
box of band aids
box of tissue
Bottle of liquid hand soap
We always accept donations of random stuff in the art department! Please consider donating to us before you throw it out. Here are some suggestions of things we KNOW we can use:
- Pencils (old ones without erasers ok!)
- computer paper
- cereal boxes
- old hose, tights, knee highs
- styrofoam egg cartons
- plastic containers with lids
- zipper bags - anywhere from snack to gallon size
- baby food jars
- old t-shirts, towels or rags
- old tools (Phillips head screwdrivers really needed!)
- broken jewelry, buttons
- fishing wire, other wire
- interesting things to draw!! (bad taxidermy?) :) Our art students spend a lot of time drawing from observation so interesting things to look at can be fun and add excitement
If you clean out your junk drawer or garage - think of us!!