MAKE-UP WORK FOR ABSENCES
- Any missed work must be taken care of immediately upon the student’s return to campus promptly at 8:00 a.m. Most work cannot be taken care of during class.
- Students are allowed two school days for every day of class missed. Late work policy will apply after.
- Quizzes / Tests are always announced. If a student is absent on the day of a quiz / test, they must make it up promptly at 8:00 a.m. on the day they return to school.
- Making up a quiz / test during class is not an option.
- Make-up work, quizzes and tests for all absences shall be of the same rigor, but not necessarily the same format as the original.
- Students should make prior arrangements with teachers for making up missed work when the absences is scheduled, such as a medical appointment or an approved school-related activity.
*Please understand that make-up work should not “just be handed” to the student to complete on their own. Since this is a foreign language class, the lesson should be taught by the teacher first, then completed by the student. The student should plan on attending the make-up work session for at least thirty minutes in order to effectively learn the material.