End of Kindergarten Expectations 2019-2020
- Recognizes all 26 capital and lowercase letters and sounds
- Recognize Beginning, Middle, and Ending Sounds
- Blends words
- Reading on a DRA level of 3 or higher
- Reads all high frequency words from the Kindergarten List quickly and fluently
- Can write first and last name correctly.
- Can write all 26 capital and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Can write consonant vowel consonant words.
- Can write sentences using correct conventions.
- Can count to 100 by ones starting with any given number
- Can count by 10’s starting with any given number on the decade (10, 20, 30 etc)
- Can recognize and write numbers 0-20, count objects to 20.
- Can count forward and backward to 20
- Can model simple addition and subtraction problems using manipulatives or drawing pictures.
- Describes 2D and 3D shapes.
- Can identify coins quarter, dime, nickel and penny.