STAAR End-of-Course Assessments
In preparation for the 2019 STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) Summer Programs, letters will be mailed home to the parents of all high school students who failed any 2019 STAAR EOC assessments required for graduation (English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology I and/or US History). The summer STAAR EOC Tutorial program is only for current SCUC ISD 9th-12th grade students.
Who should take advantage of this opportunity?
- Students who were absent for an assessment
- Students who have not met approaches grade level on an assessment
- Students whose assessments were invalidated (received a score code of ‘other’)
When will the STAAR End-of-Course assessments be offered in the summer?
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- English I
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- Algebra I
- US History
- Thursday, June 25, 2020
- English II
- Friday, June 26, 2020
- Makeup Exams
- Test sessions will begin at 8:30 am:
- Students must bring a picture ID to enter the testing area
- No electronic devices (including cell phones) are allowed in the testing area
- Doors open at 8:00 am
- These assessments will be administered at: Byron P. Steele II High School.
- No registration for the assessment is required, however, you must register for the STAAR End-of-Course Tutorials if interested in taking them. (See the link provided below)
Will there be any prep course or tutorials offered in the summer before the STAAR End-of-Course assessments?
Yes, STAAR EOC tutorials will be offered at Byron P. Steele II High School, free of charge, as follows:
- June 10 - June 26, 2020
- Monday through Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Students must register online through MySchoolBucks at this link: EOC Tutorial Sessions
The STAAR EOC Preparation/Tutorials are not required but highly recommended.
Link to Summer School Transportation Locations: https://tx02204767.schoolwires.net/Page/26811
Questions concerning the summer STAAR End-of-Course testing opportunity should be directed to Alicia Edwards, Campus Testing Coordinator (through June 11th) or Araceli Trejo, District Testing Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (after June 11th).
Alicia Edwards, Campus Testing Coordinator