In Tech Apps all students will learn proper etiquette while using a computer. I expect all students to participate fully in the lessons provided. I will have different choices on most activities done in class to ensure everyone gets the most out of the little time we have in class. The way I run my class is mostly self paced. I explain, give a couple of visuals, show an example and expect you to create your own version at your own pace.
The students will be expected to perform the six strands based on the National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS•S) and performance indicators developed by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE):
1. creativity and innovation
2. communication and collaboration
3. research and information fluency
4. critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
5. digital citizenship (both Mrs. Lindsey and I will be teaching this through the BrainPoP curriculum)
6. technology operations and concepts.
You can find more information about this on the TEKS and ISTE websites below.