Transferring a child from his or her home campus to another is a serious consideration. Transfers are granted to individual students on a case by case basis. There is also a risk that the student’s eligibility to participate in sports or other UIL activities will be adversely affected. Specific information regarding UIL eligibility can be found on the TEA UIL Side-by-Side website. You can also contact the campus program coach, teacher or the Director of Athletics. Please carefully read all of the information on this page if you are considering a student transfer request.
A List of Frequently Asked Questions Below
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my options if I do not have access to a computer to fill out and submit a Student Transfer request?
What does Intradistrict and Interdistrict transfer mean?
What are the acceptable reasons for granting INTRADISTRICT (campus to campus) transfers?
What are the acceptable reasons for granting INTERDISTRICT (from outside the district) transfers?
We live outside the Schertz-Cibolo - Universal City ISD attendance zones. How can I locate which campus my child should be attending?
How will I be notified about my child's transfer?
Can I appeal a denied transfer?
Can my child's transfer be revoked?
If my child is attending a campus on an approved transfer, can I request they return to their home campus?
What happens if my child becomes a non-resident student during the course of the school year?
Will transportation be provided if my child's transfer is approved?
2019 - 2020 Transfer Period Information
(ALL transfers must be submitted electronically. You will receive an email from our automated system when a decision has been made.)
All SCUC ISD Employees have received an email announcing that the Employee Student Transfer website is live. If an employee submits a student transfer form through the non-employee link it will be denied. You can access the Employee Student Transfer Information website by clicking on the SCUC Intranet link and sign in.
∗The following information is a brief discription of the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD student transfer policy. For the complete rules, regulations and policies please click on the links located in "Helpful Links" found at the bottom of this page.∗
Understanding the Intradistrict (campus to campus)Transfer Process - Administrative Regulation FDB (from campus to campus)
Once a student is approved the expectation is that the student will remain at the requested campus until he/she has completed all grades offered at that campus, unless revoked by receiving campus. Students do not need to reapply annually while attending the requested campus. Students voluntarily leaving a program, e.g,. Dual Language or IB, may not enroll in their home campus until the beginning of the next grading period.
Please note the Pre-K students are not considered to be on transfers because their attendance is based on acceptance to a special program and assignment within that program based on space available. Pre-K students will go to their home campuses for Kindergarten.
Understanding the Interdistrict (from outside the district) Transfers and Continuation Requests Transfer Process - Administrative Regulation FDA (from outside the district)
All interdistrict requests shall be granted for one school year and must be resubmitted annually. An approval for one year does not guarantee nor imply the approval of future transfers to the same campus or to the feeder campus.
The Purchase/Lease of a Permanent Residence That Is Located Within The SCUC ISD Boundaries -
Per Administrative Regulation FDA (from outside the district)
Purchase - New Home Construction:
- Parent/Guardian who is submitting a student transfer must upload a fuly executed contract signed by both buyer and seller, for the construction of a home within the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD attendance zones.
- The closing date must be within 6 months from the time the transfer request was submitted.
- During the time of construction, parent/guardian must provide a letter to the campus from the contractor, every thirty days, validating that the contract is still in force.
- Within 30 days after closing, parent/guardian must provide proof of residency to the student's campus by submitting a current gas, water or electric bill.
Purchase - Existing Home:
- Parent/Guardian must provide Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD with a fully executed contract, signed by both buyer and seller, for the purchase of a home within the SCUC ISD boundaries and closing date must be within 60 days from the time transfer request is submitted.
- If closing date falls 30 days or more after transfer request is submitted, parent/guardian must provide a letter to the campus from the realtor or mortgage lender validating that the contract is still in force.
- Within 30 days after closing, parent/guardian must provide proof of residence by submitting a current gas, water or electric bill to the student's campus.
Lease of Home, Duplex, Apartment, etc.:
- Parent/Guardian must provide SCUC ISD with a fully executed contract/agreement signed by both lessee (tenant) and lessor (landlord) for the lease of residence within the SCUC ISD boundaries. Occupancy date must be within 30 days from the time the transfer request is submitted.
- In the case of month-to-month lease contract/agreement, parent/guardian must provide proof of residency to the student's campus on a monthly basis. A current gas, water, or electric bill must be provided to the campus
- Within 30 days after occupancy, parent/guardian must provide the student's campus with proof of residency by submitting a current gas, water or electric bill.
If you require further assistance, please contact us at:
Marion Dolford Professional Learning Center
200 W. Schlather St.
Cibolo, TX 78108
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday