In order to ensure a positive learning environment and consistent progress, each student is required to meet Orchestra expectations of conduct and participation.
Students are required to:
- Fully participate in class activities and assignments
- Be prepared with supplies and your Orchestra instrument
- Put forth their best effort no matter the outcome
- Ask questions and/or notify me when you don’t understand something (I will be teaching a reteaching skills but please feel free to ask for help when you need it)
- Treat others with kindness and respect
- Show growth and development as we prepare for Middle School Orchestra
I strive to maintain a safe environment for all students, in class and online. First and foremost, respect means very much to me. You can trust that I will treat you with dignity no matter the situation. I ask that you do the same with me and with your classmates.
Here in Orchestra class, we take a stand against rude and inconsiderate behavior. I don’t just condemn it, I seek to eradicate it. If you are found to be bullying or harassing a classmate, I will respectfully take disciplinary action including but not limited to:
- A call home to a parent or guardian
- An immediate office referral(please know this can still be done for online learning)
- Lowered conduct grade
- Loss of classroom privileges
- Level 1,2, or 3 infraction write up
When we have Zoom sessions, they will follow the school bell schedule and will be during the first 30 minutes of the class period. I will use that time to teach new concepts, help you through the online content, and answer any questions that may arise.
When we start to play instruments, I will have group lessons via Zoom and create assignments where students upload recordings of their practice so that I can hear any issues and keep you on track.