- Students can check out up to 2 books.
- Book checkout period is 2 weeks for all books except graphic novels. Graphic novels have a 1 week checkout period. The due date will be stamped in either the front or back of the book on a “due date” slip.
- Students will have the opportunity to check out books every week during their visit to the library.
- Students should not lend library books to other students. Students/ parents are responsible if a friend, sibling, or pet damages or loses a book.
- Please do not attempt to repair books that are damaged. Bring the item to the library for repair.
- Students with overdue or lost books or who owe fines to Schlather or any other SCUC library will be unable to borrow books until the library obligation is fulfilled. Students should notify the librarian as soon as a book is lost or damaged. Payments can conveniently be made online using your My School Bucks account.
Holds/ Reserving Books
- Students can place up to 4 books on hold. The librarian will choose the first 2 books available and check them out to the student.
If a student is missing any books or owes any library fines, they will be unable to check out until books are returned and/ or fines are paid.
- How will I know if my book is READY for pick up?
- Holds MUST be placed by Weds. in order to be available the following Monday.
- Holds placed AFTER WEDS. (Thursday or Friday) will NOT be available the following Monday.
- Do NOT check HOLDS in Destiny Discover. It will not be correct.
- Books are ONLY ready when they appear in the CHECKOUTS section in Destiny Discover.
- Your book may take a few weeks to be ready if another student has it checked out.
If you have any questions, you may contact the librarian at 210-619-4326.
Watch these two videos to learn how to find Destiny Discover in Classlink and how to place books on HOLD.
If you do not want your child to check out books from the library, send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions, a voice message can be left for Miss. Schuster at 210-619-4326.