Culinar Arts I
(a) General requirements. This course is recommended for students in Grades 10-12. Recommended prerequisites: Principles of Hospitality and Tourism and Introduction to Culinary Arts. Students shall be awarded two credits for successful completion of this course.
(1) Career and technical education instruction provides content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills for students to further their education and succeed in current or emerging professions.
(2) The Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster focuses on the management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other food/beverage services, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel-related services.
(3) Culinary Arts begins with the fundamentals and principles of the art of cooking and the science of baking and includes management and production skills and techniques. Students can pursue a national sanitation certification or other appropriate industry certifications. This course is offered as a laboratory-based course.
(4) Students are encouraged to participate in extended learning experiences such as career and technical student organizations and other leadership or extracurricular organizations.
(5) Statements that contain the word "including" reference content that must be mastered, while those containing the phrase "such as" are intended as possible illustrative examples.
Google Classroom Code: hxhgohr