8th Grade ELA
Welcome to Mrs. Compton’s Class
As we begin a very interesting 2020-2021 school, I would like to welcome you to my class. We are all going to get through this! 😊 I wanted to provide you with some quick information to get this year started as painless as possible.
Supplies Needed: (when face to face)
- 3 ring binder (1 inch NO 2”)
- Notebook paper
- 5 tab dividers:
- The binders will be kept in the classroom throughout the year.
- Pens and pencils are needed throughout the year
All work falls into one of the following categories:
- Daily Grades: 50% minor quizzes, warm-ups, journals, notes, HW, etc.
- Major Grades: 50% assessments, tests, essays, projects, etc.
Please check the SCUCISD website for specific district grading policies.
Parents and students are encouraged to check grades through TxConnect. Please be aware that TxConnect often has up to a 48-hour delay; therefore, grades may be entered into the grade book, but may not be visible to you. Check it regularly and/or set up reminders to keep up to date on grades.
Mrs. Jennifer Compton – Rm. #B103
**please note, email is the best way to contact me**
Tutoring: (during face to face)
- Monday – Friday 7:45-8:10 (passes required from me)
- Monday – Friday during cougar time (passes required from me)
- After school M/T/W – 3:20-3:45 (passes required from me)
Remind 101 is a free text messaging app that is used for a means of group communication with the class. If you would like to join remind, text @compton8t to 81010. Please contact me via email with any concerns not the remind app.
I know this is not the most ideal school year, but we can get through this together!! Thanks so much for everything you do and please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, etc. The 2020-2021 school year is going to be a great year.