The information provided below is a one-stop-shop guide to what you and your child need to connect with their teachers and remote-learning content.
General Availability and Contact Information:
Office Hours - 7:15am - 4:15pm
During this timeframe, I am in "Teacher Mode" and am available to assist parents and students. During the rest of the time, I will be "Out of Office" where I am performing other teacher duties or spending time with my family and will not be available.
If you or your child need to have an in-person conference or tutorial, please email me (email@example.com) with the following:
- Your Name and Student's Name
- Your Phone Number
- The Reason for Meeting (tutoring or other concern)
- A Day and Time That is Good for You
I will get back to you within 24 hours to arrange a meeting.
Remote Learning One-Stop Parent Guide:
Access the SCUC Remote Learning Guide here. It is important that you and your child are familiar with this document as it explains the expectations for students and parents during remote learning.
Understanding the particulars of remote learning will make the process less stressful for your child, your family, and the teachers which will help your child to be more successful during this time.
Tips For Successful Remote Learning
A consistent daily routine, that includes thorough accountability by parents, is vital for success during remote learning.
- VISUALLY CONFIRM YOUR CHILD'S WORK IS COMPLETED DAILY.
- Taking your child's word for it, without visual confirmation, often leads to incomplete and missing work, the student falling behind, and frustration for the student, parent and teacher.
- Clicking "Turn in" in Google Classroom does NOT mean the assignment was actually completed.
- BE PATIENT, GRACIOUS, AND RESPECTFUL OF YOUR CHILD
- There is nothing easy about remote learning...for any of us involved. Exhibiting grace, allowing for mistakes, and offering encouraging words creates an environment that promotes focus and success and lessens stress.
- BE PATIENT, GRACIOUS AND RESPECTFUL OF YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER
- I don't know any other teachers that are enjoying the effects of the COVID pandemic on their career. Our heart's desire is to be in our classroom with our students having "normal school", but unfortunately that cannot be.
- Mistakes will be made, but we will work hard to correct them when they are brought to our attention.
- Kindness and patience are truly appreciated, as we are doing the best that we can with the decisions that are being made.