Welcome Ray D. Corbett Junior High School students and families. Your counselors for this year will be Ms. Arredondo, Ms. Guastella and Mr. Villarreal, and we are excited to get started on yet another great school year! We are here to help your child navigate through the wonderful and sometimes challenging junior high school years.
Our Role as Your Child’s School Counselor Is:
- To be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators, and with our community
- Counseling/educational specialist who assists students with their academic, career development, and personal/social areas.
Some Reasons to Contact Your Child’s School Counselor Are:
- Academic skills support
- Career/future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision making concerns
- Organization, study and test-taking skills
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
The Goals of the Ray D. Corbett Junior High School Counseling Program Are:
- To assist students with educational, personal, career, and goal planning.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.