Remote Check Out
Students who are learning from home may check out books from our library! It's easy to do! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Let Mrs. Neal know that you would like to check out books. You can send a message through Class Dojo or an email.
- Place books on hold using the library's online catalog.
- Allow 2-3 school days for books to be pulled and checked out to your child.
- An email will be sent letting you know books are checked out and ready for pick up. (Check your Spam!)
Picking Up & Returning Library Books
Library books may be picked up during normal school hours.
- When picking up library books, drive to the front of the school.
- Call the office at 210-619-4559.
- Someone will meet you at your vehicle with your child's library books.
- If you have library books to return, give them to the staff member.
- There is no deadline for picking up books (after receiving the email), however, picking them up in a timely manner will be greatly appreciated.
- Books will be returned to the library and checked back in if they are not picked up within a couple of weeks.
NOTE: Please do not drive to the school to pick up library books until you receive an email saying they are ready for pickup.
Your child may have 2 books checked out at a time.
- It is suggested to place 4 books on hold at a time. This allows me to have more than 2 choices in case a book becomes unavailable.
- When picking up checked out books, please be sure to return previously checked out books before taking the new ones home.
- Library books may be checked out for 2 weeks, however, they may always be returned sooner.
- When your child is close to getting ready for new books, please place more books on hold for a maxium number of four. This lets me know that your child is ready for new books! (You can also message me.)
- Remote learners with overdue library books and/or more than 2 books at home will not be allowed to check out new books until all library books have been returned.
Important: Library books that are lost or damaged will be issued a fine for replacement. Books that are overdue for more than 30 days will be assumed lost and a fine will be issued.