Part of your job as a student is being responsible for maintaining your planner.
- All students should have a planner by the first day of school. They play a very important role in our classroom.
- It is a tool to keep track of homework assignments.
- It serves as a means of communication between teachers and parents/guardians.
- You will take your planner to every class you attend (unless otherwise directed). This includes the library, computer lab, P.E., and specials.
- If you lose your planner, you are responsible for purchasing another one via MySchoolBucks.
** At the beginning of each class meeting, you will fill in your planner with the agenda and HW (if applicable) for the day. Homework assignments will be designated with an "HW."
** Planners should be signed by a parent/guardian EVERY DAY. Your advisory teacher will ensure your parent/guardian signs daily; if not, there are consequences for not meeting this requirement.
You are required to bring your planner to school everyday. If you make a habit of forgetting or misplacing your planner you will miss recess time and/or have a call made to your parent/guardian.
- Teachers will make notes in planners using the following color codes:
Black ink = Missing assignments and/or teacher communication to parent/guardian
Red ink = Behavior Issue
Blue ink = Positive/Exemplary behavior
Accumulating too many red or black (for missing assignments only) signatures during a 9-week grading period will result in consequences.