Due to the school closure for the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be using Google Classroom and Zoom for remote learning. Please visit THIS PAGE to view your Google Classroom code. Also, if you are not subscribed to our Remind, please CLICK HERE to view your class code for Remind. I am available via e-mail or call/text. Please check your Google Classroom for the number for call/text.
Samuel Clemens High School Choir Home
Samuel Clemens Choir Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide students with a means of musical expression in a creative learning environment that teaches appropriate fundamentals and techniques, music literacy, and history through exposure to a variety of musical styles and genres, and opportunities for individual and shared performances. Our goal is to empower students with tools to become strong leaders, world-class learners, responsible human beings, and life-long music supporters. We will set an example of how to be a choir family by upholding the SPIRIT and PRIDE of Samuel Clemens High School as well as the TRADITION and EXCELLENCE of our choir.
About Mrs. Specht
Phone: 210-945-6501 x1185
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Music, University of North Texas Master of Music, University of Texas at San Antonio
Mrs. Specht has been singing for her entire life. It is her passion for choral music that inspired her to pursue a career in music. Mrs. Specht holds a Bachelor of Music in General, Choral, and Instrumental music from the prestegious College of Music at the University of North Texas. Mrs. Specht also holds a Master of Music in Choral Conducting from the University of Texas at San Antonio. In addition to directing the choirs at Samuel Clemens HS, Mrs. Specht also serves as the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Region 11 Vocal Division Chair.
Mrs. Specht loves to work with young musicians with the goal of instilling lifelong appreciation and participation in music making. Her students have been selected as members of the Region and All-State choirs, and have earned Superior ratings at Solo & Ensembe contest. Her choirs have consistently earned Sweepstakes and Superior ratings at UIL Concert & Sight-Reading and various choir festivals. Mrs. Specht is also an active member of the Texas Choral Directors Association and Texas Music Adjudicators Association.
Class Rules & Expectations
CLEMENS CHOIR EXPECTATIONS
It is expected that all enrolled choral students will:
- BE PROMPT – Students are to be in class or any outside rehearsals, with ALL of their required materials/music, BEFORE the tardy bell rings or the rehearsal call-time if outside of the class period.
- BE PREPARED – Have all of your required materials with you EVERY DAY.
- BE PRODUCTIVE – Off-task behavior is unacceptable. As a performance/participation based class, your choice not to participate or to prevent others from learning will result in an inability to perform at the required standard level, and will affect your grade. Off-task behavior includes but is not limited to: use of unauthorized technology during class, excessive talking, or refusal to participate.
- BE POLITE – Be respectful and courteous to all teachers, and all fellow students. Treat other people the way that you would like for them to treat you. In all that we do or say, we as choir members should show respect for each other and our organization whether we are in the choir room or anywhere else. Negative comments, dissention, lack of pride, bullying, gossip, etc. have no place in an excellent choral program.
|1st||8:40 - 9:30||Off Campus||Corbett JH|
|2nd||9:35 - 10:30||Off Campus||Corbett JH|
|3rd||10:35 - 11:25||Conference Period||P201|
|4th||11:30 - 12:20||Lunch|
|5th||12:25 - 1:15||Kantori||P201|
|6th||1:20 - 2:10||Concert Choir||P201|
|7th||2:15 - 3:05||Vox Forte||P201|
Mrs. Specht's Tutoring Times
- Tuesday & Thursday 7:45-8:30 am
- After school by appointment