Welcome, Dobie Junior High School Journalism I and Journalism II students!In my classes, we work hard and have a lot of fun learning about journalism. Journalism I students publish online news and features for the Dobie News site. Journalism II students write and edit Dobie News and produce the Dobie Cougar Tales Yearbook. See the tabs for more details/resources.A little about me -- I have taught English, Speech, yearbook and journalism. I have also worked as a professional and freelance journalist. I earned my bachelors degree in Communications from Texas A&M University Kingsville and my Masters Degree in Educational Leadersip at University of Texas at San Antonio.Mrs. Nancy Preyor-JohnsonJournalism & Yearbook Teacher | Dobie Junior High SchoolREMOTE LEARNING UPDATE
- Google Daily Instructions Slides (daily activities and messages).
- In addition, all remote learning assignments and activities will be posted to Google Classroom.
- *New students/parents: click Mrs. P.J.'s Google Classroom Codes for a list of codes to join. Please make sure to select the correct class period. You must use your school log in for Google Classroom, Google docs, etc.
- Here's the formula for students' username/password:
- Username: remove all special characters from both names, take the first 13 letters of the last name + first 2 letters of first name+ last 3 of student ID + @scuc.txed.net
- ex: email@example.com
- Password: first two letters of first name + full student ID with leading 0
- ex: jo012345
REMOTE LEARNING TUTORINGNeed help with remote learning? Tutoring Zoom sessions will be offered in Zoom sessions.
- Email, Remind and Google Classroom are the best ways to reach me.
Daily (Every day, Monday - Friday). Find the Zoom meeting link in materials in Google Classroom.
You will need to download the free app Zoom client for meetings on your device.
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Or as needed, by appointment.