Welcome to Samuel Clemens Attendance Page
A note is required any time a student is absent from class. Please include student's name, ID#, dates of absence, reason, and parent signature. Your notes must be submitted within 3 days upon return.
We will not take an email for a student absence. You must use the absence form or bring a note to school the next day.
***When using the online attendance form a document must be uploaded in order to submit the form. You can upload a written parent note or Doctor note.***
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ABSENCE FORM FOR A STUDENT EARLY RELEASE.
SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RELEASE YOUR STUDENT EARLY FOR THE DAY YOU HAVE SEVERAL OPTIONS (MAKE SURE YOU STATE WHAT TIME STUDENT NEEDS TO BE RELEASED, STUDENT NAME AND ID# AND PARENT'S INFO:
1. SEND A HAND WRITTEN NOTE WITH YOUR STUDENT THE DAY OF THE EARLY RELEASE AND HAVE THE STUDENT TURN IT DIRECTLY TO THE ATTENDANCE CLERK.
2. YOU CAN EMAIL THE ATTENDANCE CLERK DIRECTLY... WITH THAT BEING SAID THERE WILL OCCASIONALLY BE TIMES AS THE ATTENDANCE CLERK THAT I WILL BE ABSENT OR AT LUNCH IF YOU TRY TO SEND AN EMAIL, AS A SECONDARY OR BACKUP YOU CAN "CC" THE RECEPTIONIST MS. WITTNEY ALLEN IN THE EMAIL: WALLEN@SCUC.TXED.NET
You may submit absent notes in the following ways:
- Online Form: Click on the left navigation link "My Forms" of the webpage to submit an electronic note (Hand Written w/signature/Dr. Note)
- Fax: My direct fax # is 210-945-6591
- Hard Copy: Send with student upon return
If you have any questions about your student’s attendance, please contact their administrator.
- An absence is considered unexcused when a note is not provided within 3 days of returning from the absence.
- 3 unexcused absences will result in a Truancy Warning Letter from the Truancy Officer.
- A student is allowed 9 absences per semester (18 per school year) in order to meet the Compulsory Attendance Law's 10% rule. Absences over these amounts may result in loss of credit or denial of VOE form (DPS).
***Calling/Emailing in a student's absence does not excuse his/her absence