Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to First Grade
Mrs. Leach’s All Stars
WELCOME TO THE ALL STARS!I am beginning my 30th year of teaching. I started teaching second grade in the North East ISD. After seven years, I moved out to the SCUCISD and have been teaching first grade for 23 years. I love teaching your children. It is amazing to see their light bulbs go off and watch your child blossom.In my classroom, I promote an atmosphere of safety, trust, and respect. I work hard to build a sense of community among my students, and I emphasize the idea of teamwork. I value cooperation and collaboration in my classroom. They are my second family. I believe that great things can happen when we work together!
This will be our schedule once our routines are taught, practiced and testing is over.
- 7:35-7:45 Morning Business - unpack, problem solving, check homework and problem solving and Mrs. Leach checks for notes and reading logs.
- 7:45-8:30 Math
- 8:30-9:25 Rotations and Mrs. Leach's conference time
- 9:25-10:15 Finish Math/intervention for math
- 10:15-10:45 Phonics/Word Block
- 10:45-12:15 ELAR/ Guided Reading- Mini Lesson, Intervention, Daily 5& Social Studies - integrated
- 12:20-12:50 LUNCH
- 12:50-1:30 Writers Workshop
- 1:30-2:00 Recess
- 2:00-2:30 Science
- 2:30-2:45 Pack up, Read Aloud
- 2:45 Dismiss and walk students
Tutoring will be offered as needed to students who have not mastered district/grade level standards. I will contact you to make any necessary arrangements.
Lunch Money - Please make sure lunch money gets turned in with your child's first and last name. It is also important to have their lunch number and my name somewhere on the envelope or baggie.I am so excited to be your child's teacher this year. We are going to have a wonderful year of growing, learning and becoming one big family. Each day is full of adventure and fun as we learn to read, write and gain new understandings about our world.
All Star Mission
The All Stars will LEARN math, reading and writing by:
* Being Responsible
* Being Kind
* Working Hard
So we can be SMART Geniuses!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at: