Hello parents and students! Welcome to 7th grade Texas History. I am so very glad to be here at Dobie. This is my 15th year of teaching and coaching. I have taught many subjects, many grades, and around the world. I have also coached multiple sports and look forward to coaching football, soccer, and track this school year. I love working with students and I am passionate about learning. I look forward to facilitating with and learning from all of you.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at: email@example.com
Here is my 2018-2019 schedule -
Period Class Time 1st Pre AP Texas History 8:10-8:58 2nd Planning 9:03-9:51 CT Cougar Time 9:56-10:21 3rd 8th Grade Athletics 10:26-11:14 Lunch Lunch 11:19-12:07 4th Texas History 11:54-12:42 5th Texas History 12:47-1:35 6th Pre Ap Texas History 1:40-2:28 7th Texas History 2:33-3:20
Tutoring Schedule -
Tuesday & Thursday – 7:45 AM to 8:02 AM (hall-pass required)
- 3-ring binder with dividers or part of larger notebook & notebook paper
- Colored pencils or crayons and personal pencil sharpener put in a small, zipped bag(so you won’t lose them)
- Pens and pencils
- Do our best in everything
- Organize your area
- Be respectful of our time
- Include yourself in our activities
- Enter our space quietly
- Participate in class discussions/cooperative learning.
- Complete all classwork and homework on time.
- Map work, notes, reading and projects will be part of our curriculum.
I WILL NOT let you interfere with my teaching or your classmates’ right to learn, if you choose not to cooperate, the following will result:
- Conference with student and/or parent
- Referral to administrator
- Summative 50%- Minimum 3 Assessments per 9 Weeks (Tests/Projects/Research/Unit Common Assessments/Major Writing Assignments/Tests)
- Formative 50% -Minimum 10 Assignments per 9 Weeks (Daily/Quizzes/Homework/Reading//Minor Writing Assignments)
Remember: Zeros affect your average…So some credit is better than NO credit…
- Medically- excused absences -1 missed =2 days to complete w/out penalty
- 10 points will be deducted for late day up to 30 points.
- Late assignments will be accepted within 5 school days, not to exceed the end of the 9 week grading period.
- Students are responsible for make-up work after absence.