SCUC-ISD Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC) Program
Thanks to SCUC's 2016-2021 Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) $1.5 Million Grant, we can provide students in grades 7-12 with social and emotional support within their schools!
Moving and adjusting to a new school can be challenging for military-connected students. Military Student Transition Consultants (MSTC) are here to address your questions and concerns. Your MSTC plays a pivotal role in establishing collaboration among school systems, education agencies, public and private youth services, community groups, and installation resources.
MSTC's are trained and are consultants from the Military Child Education Coalition, a nationally renowned non-profit organization that supports military families across the world.
In SCUC-ISD we support ALL military-connected students and families to include: Active Duty, Civilians working on US Federal Property, National Guard, Reserve, Veterans, and Retirees. Our goal is to support incoming and departing students so that their experience in SCUC-ISD is exceptionally positive!
- Assistance with your education questions.
- Assistance with school transitions.
- Support for special needs student school transitions.
- Professional Development facilitation for educators on issues surrounding pre-deployment, deployments, and transitions.
- Referrals for installation services and resources.
- Presentations and Community Network support.