SCUC-ISD Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC) Program
Thanks to SCUC's 2016-2021 Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) $1.5 Million Dollar Grant, we are able to provide students in grades 7-12 with social and emotional support within their schools!
Moving and adjusting to a new school can be challenging for military-connected students. Military Student Transition Consultants (MSTC) are here to address your questions and concerns. Your MSTC plays a pivotal role in establishing collaboration among school systems, education agencies, public and private youth services, community groups, and installation resources.
MSTC's are trained and are actually consultants from the Military Child Education Coalition, a nationally reknown non-profit organization which supports military familes across the world.
In SCUC-ISD we support ALL military-connected students and families to include: Active Duty, Civilians working on US Federal Property, National Guard, Reserve, Veterans and Retirees. Our goal is support incoming and departing students so that their experience in SCUC-ISD is exceptionally positive!
- Assistance with your education questions.
- Assistance with school transitions.
- Support for special needs student school transitions.
- Professional Development facilitation for educators on issues surrounding pre-deployments, deployments and transitions.
- Referrals for installation services and resources.
- Presentations and Community Network support.