Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC)
Ray Corbett Junior High & Samuel Clemens High School
Corbett: (210) 619-4181
Clemens: (210) 945-6526
ABOUT YOUR MSTC
Mrs. Barber is a Military Spouse who was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. She attended Baylor University where she earned a Bachelor's of Business Administration. After becoming a Military Spouse, she earned a Master's of Education from Northern Arizona University as a way to impact the communities wherever the Army sends them. She has over 10 years of experience working with youth as a youth leader and teacher. She married her Active Duty husband over eight years ago and, in that short time, has experienced four PCS moves, multiple TDYs, deployment, and Joint assignments. Her daughter is a Junior and has attended six different schools over the last eight years. She understands the benefits and challenges of being a Military Family. Mrs. Barber enjoys working with students to help them feel connected and help with resiliency. Mrs. Barber joined the SCUCISD team during the summer of 2019.
Mrs. Barber is at Corbett JH on Mondays and Thursdays, 7:45 AM - 3:45 PM, in room 102A.
HOW CAN YOUR MSTC HELP?
- Provide one-on-one support for all new Military-Connected Students
- Support the social-emotional needs of incoming or referred Military-Connected students and coordinate services as needed with parents, school counselors, teachers, and/or administrators
- Track discipline, attendance, and grade reports
- Seek out community and military resources for students, families, and staff
- Offer transition (entry and exit), deployment, reintegration, & wounded parent support groups
- Develop other small group opportunities per school needs
- Support school and community events
- Support S2S program
- Provide professional development opportunities