Military Student Specialist
About Your MSS
Lt. Col. (US Army Retired) Williamson is the son of a US Army Dad, born in Germany and grew up in Arkansas. He attended Henderson State University, earning a Master's of Science in Education degree. Mr. Williamson served in the US Army from 1991-2013 including nine Permanent Change of Station (PSC) moves! He has experienced transitions first hand in his own childhood as well as with his wife and three sons, ages 25 (twins) and 27. Mr. Williamson believes that the discipline and values learned from his Army career and civilian background in education, has helped him become a positive, caring and understanding Military Student Specialist. Mr. Williamson joined the SCUC-ISD team during the summer of 2019.
How Can Your MSS Help?
- Provide one-on-one support for all new Military-Connected Students
- Support the social-emotional needs of incoming or referred Military-Connected students and coordinate services as needed with parents, school counselors, teachers, and/or administrators
- Track discipline, attendance, and grade reports
- Seek out community and military resources for students, families, and staff
- Offer transition (entry and exit), deployment, reintegration, & wounded parent support groups
- Develop other small group opportunities per school needs
- Support school and community events
- Support S2S program
- Provide professional development opportunities