Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC)
Degrees and Certifications:
About Your MSTC
Mrs. Barber is a Military Spouse who was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. She attended Baylor University where she earned a Bachelor’s of Business Administration. After becoming a Military Spouse, she earned a Master’s of Education from Northern Arizona University as a way to impact the communities where ever the Army sends them. She has over 10 years of experience working with youth as a youth leader and teacher. She married her Active Duty husband over eight years ago and in that short time has experienced four PCS moves, multiple TDY’s, deployment, and Joint assignments. Her daughter is a Junior and has attended six different schools over the last eight years. She understands the benefits and challenges of being a Military Family. Mrs. Barber enjoys working with students to help them feel connected and help with resiliency. Mrs. Barber joined the SCUC-ISD team during the summer of 2019.
Mrs. Barber is on the Clemens campus on Tuesdays & Fridays, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and every other Wednesday in room A200M.
How can your MSTC help?
- Provide one-on-one support for all new Military-Connected Students
- Support the social-emotional needs of incoming or referred Military-Connected students and coordinate services as needed with parents, school counselors, teachers, and/or administrators
- Track discipline, attendance, and grade reports
- Seek out community and military resources for students, families, and staff
- Offer transition (entry and exit), deployment, reintegration, & wounded parent support groups
- Develop other small group opportunities per school needs
- Support school and community events
- Support S2S program
- Provide professional development opportunities