If a student is marked absent in error, please contact the teacher via email so they can send an attendance correction. Ascender Parent Portal will show the period the student was marked absent in.
**Remember to send in an excuse / doctor's note anytime your student is absent**
**Please allow 48-72 hours for the absences to be corrected daily. We are unable to pre-code. If your note is for multiple days, you may receive alerts until these are corrected daily**
Calling in a student's absence does not excuse the absence.-There are three ways to submit a note:
1. Electronically 2. In-person at the attendance office 3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- An absence is considered unexcused when a note is not provided within three (3) days of the student returning to school.
- A note from a care provider will only excuse the days listed.
- If your student is out for longer, an additional note from a parent is required to excuse the extra days.
- If the absence is more than five (5) consecutive days, a doctor's note is required.
- If the student misses school for an appointment, a doctor's note is required for the absence to be excused.
- If your student is sent home by the nurse, a note from a parent is still required to excuse the time your student misses school.
- If a student has a note from a doctor that has instructions for PE/Athletics, it is the student's responsibility to make a copy for the PE/Athletics teachers.
- Any note that is turned in directly to the PE/Athletics teachers that is not also given to the attendance clerk will be considered unexcused for attendance purposes.
Three (3) unexcused absences will result in a Truancy Warning Letter from the school.
A 2nd warning letter is sent at eight (8) absences.
Nine (9) or more unexcused absences (per year) will most likely result in a court appearance.
- A student is allowed nine (9) excused or unexcused absences per semester (18 per school year) in order to meet the Compulsory Attendance Law's 10% rule. Absences over this amount may result in loss of credit and/or grade retention.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:10 am. Students will be counted tardy if they are not in their seats by 8:10 am.
- Students will be considered tardy during the first ten (10) minutes of any class period. After ten (10) minutes, the student will be considered absent for that class period.
OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE TIME IS 9:35 AM